Envirowise, a Government funded body set up to reduce businesses environmental impacts, is urging companies of any size to sign up to its Rippleffect scheme before the deadline on 14th September.
The Rippleffect is a free six month course consisting of three online modules providing a simple, structured approach to measuring your companys' water use, planning methods of reducing water use and measuring the water and cost savings made.
Companies which sign up receive:
- Access to dedicated web pages which will include step-by-step guidance, webcasts and water tools;
- Exclusive web conferences for Rippleffect members including Q&A sessions with a water specialist;
- Access to new sector-specific modules for the hotel, restaurant and catering sector, the meat and poultry processing sector, and the fruit and vegetable processing sector;
- Access to new modules addressing specific issues, including rainwater harvesting and water efficient vehicle washing practices, and how to maximise boiler and cooling tower water efficiency;
- A certificate in recognition of your achievements;
- Free technical support through a telephone advice line.
Reducing water consumption can also reduce the carbon footprint of your business, for every 1m3 of water saved, approximately 1 kg of CO2 equivalent is saved.
For more information or to sign up, go to www.envirowise.gov.uk/rippleffect
Posted under Water Efficiency and Effluent Management and Food and Drink on 3 September 2009