Tools and Resources
Although ENWORKS does not have control over the content of external sources of information you may find some of these links useful:
- Carbon Trust 'Empower' - a free tool to help office workers commit to making carbon and cost savings at work, through online tutorials, virtual tours, a quiz and other interactive elements (requires registration).
- Resource Efficiency Questionnaire - a free and confidential questionnaire from the Environment Agency that generates a report on your business's environmental performance, with advice for how to make improvements.
- CIWM Waste Management Courses - information on the Chartered Institution of Wastes Management short course on waste management. Contact your local ENWORKS partner for details of free environmental courses in your area.
- Business Resource Efficiency Hub - a range of practical advice, tools and guides from WRAP on how businesses can save money and increase resource efficiency.
- Waste Hierarchy Guidance - 14-page business guide from Defra, on how to apply the 'waste hierarchy' approach to waste management, in line with EU and UK legislation.
- Enhanced Capital Allowances (ECAs) - information about 100% first-year capital allowances for businesses investing in environmentally-friendly equipment.
- Energy Efficiency Loans - information about eligibility for loans from the Carbon Trust and Siemens Financial Services, of up to £1,000, to help your business invest in energy-saving projects.
- Permits and Licenses - the Environment Agency provide advice and guidance for checking that your business is compliant with the latest environmental legislation.
- WRAP administer the Waste Prevention Loan Fund, offering capital loans of between £100,000 and £1 million for viable, reuse or repair business ideas across any material stream.